We are delighted to be able to welcome visitors to our Distillery and very much look forward to hosting you for a tour or visit to our visitor center.
The safety of our guests and our team members are our number one priority, and as such, we are continuing to follow CDC, OSHA and Kentucky Health Department Guidelines. We are eager to see the face of every guest, but at this time the CDC and OSHA have advised us to return to mandatory face coverings for each guest when inside our Distillery, regardless of vaccination status. Social distancing is still requested at all times. When social distancing cannot be maintained, face coverings are required in outdoor areas as well.
As an additional effort to keep our team members and guests safe, we will continue to require temperature screenings for every individual at the Distillery. This step is fast and touchless.
Thank you for understanding our commitment to safety and we look forward to welcoming you to Buffalo Trace Distillery.
Please review our specific safety policies below.
Visiting Buffalo Trace Distillery:
- Please check the Visit Us page to determine operating days and hours.
- The Buffalo Trace Distillery Visitor Center / Gift Shop will have capacity limits based on social distancing recommendations.
- Please refer to the masking protocol above.
- All visitors must complete a temperature check in the Freehouse building located in our main parking lot before accessing the property.
- All visitors must be registered for an activity (tour, tasting, event) or be onsite to visit our Gift Shop.
- Playground and photography around the grounds will be available for those who have completed the steps for entry.
- All tours are complimentary, but reservations are recommended. You can access the reservation system through our website. Our tour selection may be limited due to restrictions for social distancing.
- At this time, we will not offer the Hard Hat or Ghost Tours. We will offer the Trace Tour, Bourbon Barrel Tour, Old Taylor Tour and Expansion Tour.
- Tour routes will not include areas where staff are actively working, including Blanton’s Bottling Hall.
- Tour stops will be sanitized in between tours.
- All tastings are complimentary, but reservations are recommended. You can access the reservation system through our website.
- Event capacities and seating arrangements will be dictated by safety standards and strictly enforced.
- Please refer to the masking protocol listed above.
- Event vendors such as caterers, furniture rental companies, etc. will follow strict safety protocol and PPE requirements.
- Event tour sizes will be strictly enforced and coordinated by the onsite event manager.
- Regular tour and tasting safety protocol will apply to event tour guests.
- During business hours, event guests may queue to enter the Gift Shop.
- After-hours access to the Gift Shop will be determined based on staff availability.